Tuesday 5 April 2016

Chaos Warband Collaboration Project


 After seeing the successful collaboration between Axiom and Asslessman with their wonderful Rogue Quest project a short time back, I was keen on forming some kind of partnership and embarking on a joint venture of my own. So who better to ally with other than Mr Rochie Rochfort over at Buried Under Lead? We first discussed an alliance back around Christmas but up until now we've been a bit tied up with some time consuming projects. Now the time is right and we have decided (I think it was him actually) to paint two Chaos warbands each, one fantasy and one 40k.

 As it states on his page we have chosen two powers each; one each for the fantasy warband (Nurgle for Rochie and Tzeentch for me) and the second pair for the 40k warband (Rochie undertaking Slaanesh and myself opting for Khorne).

 A week or so ago we got round to rolling up our respective warbands. I actually generated mine whilst shopping in Lidl (perhaps the first case of this in history), me on the dice generator and Rochie reading the results from the Good Book via Facebook. I could have done all this myself when I got back home but the momentum was with me and it couldn't wait.

 So I ended up with a Chaos Renegade Major Hero of Khorne with obligatory chaos armour. He also comes with bolter and frag grenades. His other attributes are two hounds of chaos and a tail.
So here is Kalrath The Barbarous.


 Formally known as Captain Kalrath Verus of The Star Reavers, he fled his chapter after the discovery of the continuous blood sacrifices he had been practising in the attempt to gain the attention of Khorne. It had began with the reckless and brutal bloodthirsting during battle where his troops would look on as the blood soaked captain maniacally tore through his beleaguered and overpowered foes. After a while he became aware of a painful growth just above his buttocks; ignoring it his lust for blood and carnage continued and he begun to indulge in the blood sacrifices performed in secrecy. His 'growth' evolved and developed into  a fleshy tail with a scaled base; something that could no longer be concealed from his comrades.




One of the Kev Adams renegads, I have used a tail from a (already damaged) C48 Gargoyle

The followers that I rolled are an Inquisitor (nice!) and six humans. The inquisitor's attributes resulted in Cloud Of Flies and Silly Voice (not so nice).
We'll be seeing more of his retinue in the weeks to come. I haven't fully decided where I'm going with the inquisitor figure yet but I'm sure looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment